Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dodd-Frank!

Most of us have awakened in the middle of the night and fretted.  Something about the peace and quiet of a dark space often invites focus on something, anything, that suddenly takes on incredible importance.  Next time this happens I think I'll turn on a light, in the hope that seeing other things will turn my thoughts to more realistic matters.

I used to wish that aging would turn me into the kind of wise man people liked to visit.  Phooey.  What a self-centered thought, like the patient who wants everyone to know what he's going through!  I have a feeling wise men have other things to do than hope people want to visit them to learn their secrets.

"Where are you heading with this?" says Virginia.

All right.  You probably don't care one bit that tomorrow, July 21, 2011, is the first anniversary of the enactment of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, a/k/a the financial reform bill or the banking bill.  I, on the other hand, who has been immersed in it day in, day out for the entire year, see the day almost as light at the end of a tunnel, albeit a temporary end.

But yes, I get it.  It means nothing to most people.  It's time to pull weeds in the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment