Monday, August 15, 2011

Still Life II

"How sad!" says Virginia.

Last Spring I had an itch to plant something while I waited for my fairly full garden to sprout.  So I grabbed sunflower seeds and buried them here, there, and all around.  A couple months later their yellow heads livened everywhere.  This fellow took a donkey blow, faring a little better than his devoured neighbors.  I planted a few more last week, hoping they might mature before our first frost.

Not so sad, Karen and my niece, Kendra, helped me prettify these breath mints for use this winter.  
Lest you think we'll run out, here are two buckets and a basket with more of the same, without the stalks. Want some?

At the other end of the gardening spectrum, here's whazup right now.
October Beans A-Comin' with Turnips on the Side
Lettuce Under an Ash Tree
Eggplants Trying
Sweet Potatoes Seeming Happy
The Parsley and the Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment