Sunday, April 8, 2012

Falling Spring

Our latest clutch of incubated eggs began hatching last night, so we have some real Easter chicks. They're a day earlier than expected, unless we've forgotten how to count to 21. Here are 4 of them, under the lights.
"So what else is new?" asks Virginia.

I thought she'd never ask. Here's a lonely pear, calling for a friend. (You may need to click on the picture to enlarge it to see what I mean.)
How about a peach duet?
A future fuzzy navel?
We have two trees that appear to have grown branches from both the grafted stock and the stock to which the graft was attached. So perhaps this is an apricot.
Here are some Asian pears.
I like this apple blossom.
Spring could as well have been called "Fall" as Autumn, witness these Carolina jasmine petals.
I'd describe the very successful (for us) morel hunt we hiked this afternoon, but I think I'll leave it for Holes in My Jeans. See http://holesinmyjeans-kpannabecker.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment