Friday, November 26, 2010

Greenhouse Compost

My cross-training for Hellgate continued today with a short (6-mile) run followed by composting.  I finished building the compost box for the greenhouse yesterday, after Karen helped the day before.  Here it sits like an altar at the far end of the greenhouse.

If you were sitting in the compost, here's what you might see.
Or lying down, looking up.
Today I covered the walls with plastic and made our first deposits.
"I'd say that's enough about goat poop," says Virginia. "What ever happened to that wheat you planted?"

I thought she'd never ask about our November babies, the green tinge in this photo.
Here's a close-up.  Aren't they just the sweetest ever?
Finally, here's a photo for my mother and anyone else who's been wondering exactly where we put the new greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment