Saturday, October 30, 2010

Rally4Sanity

Our 3-hour drive to the Vienna Metro Stop ended with a half-hour cruise through exit 62, past a parking lot with no room left, up to section 3-3 of a scissored building we feared would have no spots left.  Were we imagining things or did a thick line of people stretch a couple hundred yards outside the subway terminal? 
Check out those two hats.  That's what today was all about -- at the Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert Rally for Sanity on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.  You may have to click on the picture to see that the "E" has been crossed out.

Here's the reason I joined the crowds that came from everywhere to express their interest in restoring sanity to the anger we hear and read about.  The sunglassed man in blue emailed me a couple months ago, "let's go."

I wonder if the Washington subway has ever been this full of people.
I think this woman must have been busy before today.
"Is that Dorothy?" asks Virginia.
We arrived home in time to greet our first trick-or-treater.

2 comments:

  1. mary pannabecker steinerOctober 31, 2010 at 11:54 AM

    Hey! Dorothy was here on Thursday night. Must have kicked her red heels together and zapped herself to VA.
    Sounds like you had an interesting day. I think I read something about that crowd in comparison to the MLK March on Washington. I'll bet this was bigger (in terms of numbers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it bigger than the inauguration? I am glad you went and want to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete