Thursday, March 25, 2010

Grover, Elsa and Louise


Karen often hears me talking, as if I'm with someone.  She peeks into the living room, which doubles as my study, to be sure she's not missing out on a visit.

"How are your imaginary friends?" she's been known to say.  They aren't imaginary.

She finally believed me after I asked her to take this picture.  "No one's there but you," she said.

"Please just take the picture," said I.

I made sure she was the first to view and download the picture.  Now she believes me.

By the way, I'm talking to Grover.  Behind us sit Elsa and Louise, who happen to be pretty excited about the Pentagon's new "don't ask, don't tell rules."  No, they aren't lesbian.

"Now why did you add that?" says Virginia.

"I'm old-fashioned, I guess," I say, "didn't want to leave anyone with the wrong impression.  It took me a lot of coaxing to get them to come out for that picture."

No comments:

Post a Comment