Friday, August 6, 2010

Thanksgiving in August

Today is Thanksgiving in August.  Her parents visiting, Karen pulled together a localvore dinner, everything from our farm, almost -- turkey, mashed potatoes, squash, beets, tomatoes, cucumbers.

As I wander my garden beds, green beans are conspicuously absent.  I'll plant more tomorrow.  We had some early on, but Mexican bean beetles, followed by rabbits, destroyed the later plantings.  Onions and garlic also appear to be missing, but they're simply waiting to be uncovered.

Two solid months of writing allowed unwanted plants to take hold.  I'll get up early tomorrow morning and begin my attack.  After 6 days straight, I won't miss my daily run.

"You're addicted," says Virginia.  "Watch out for withdrawal."

I'm addicted to water, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment